Friday, December 14, 2012

You Can't Help Getting Older

Today is my birthday. And no, I'm not particularly excited about it.
I used to love birthdays. Way back when I was younger and had lots of friends and awesome birthday parties. But as I've gotten older, I've had less and less friends. And I don't like the fact that I have to get older. I want to stay a teenager. Because I feel as though my teenage years have been wasted, living in this town where there is nothing.

What I do like about birthdays though, is that it gives us an excuse to go to the city! Which is an excuse to dress up! Although, the look in this post is not what I am wearing today. That, you will see on Monday, when I get back.
This look is from last Monday, when I went to a Christmas party with my best friend!


1
 
3

5

2

7

4

8

9
 
I got a new jacket! Well, two new jackets. Except they aren't actually new, only new to me. They belonged to my father when he was my age, and after a year of begging, he finally gave them to me! You'll see the other one very soon!
 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
 
"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old." - George Burns 
 
 
Leather Jacket- Vintage (Dad's)
Black Chiffon Blouse- Winners
Red Velvet Skirt- Romwe
Litas- Nasty Gal (Jeffrey Campbell)
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. I love the red velvet trend for this winter season! It's perfect for a christmas party outfit! You look so cute :) I also like how you added a studded blouse to spice up the more feminine skirt. <3

    xo
    osmiuminlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you look wonderful !! I'm in love with the skirt :)
    x

    www.be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, love your top, shoes and rock! Great

    http://anjasfashionblog.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the velvet and the Litas. xA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday dear! Don't be so permissive! There is always something beautiful in each year of your life. And you look absolutely stunning!:)

    XX

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday! I adore your velvet skirt, perfect for a holiday party.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice outfit

    http://ollyvialaura.blogspot.com/2012/12/progressed-into-something-natural.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow !! Love the velvet skirt and the way you combinate it with the Litas, a TEN !! Just great !!

    Kisses from Venezuela

    Rem
    http://fromthelittlevenice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is so adorable! I love the velvet skirt :)

    -Haylie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ! Love love love the photos!!! <3
    x

    www.be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my I need that blouse! It looks amaze with the red velvet skirt. Happy late birthday btw :) XX- Mint Clothing Company

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a great skirt! I love the fabric a lot and you did a great styling;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey it is Lori! I always wanted to mention I love to every once and while, come check out your style blog! It makes me so happy and it makes me miss you as well. I love that you take the time to do this and express yourself. You definitely have fashion worth sharing. I hope all is well,

    Take care
    <3 Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! First of all, happy (very belated) birthday :) Second, I really like your blog. You make special outfits. And I think your hair in this shoot is pretty awesome!

    How about following each other? X

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions